The British International Freight Association recognises the importance of developing and retaining talented young people in our industry and are confident this award helps to attract more recruits that want to build a future career in a sector that is so important to the economy and international trade. This award helps to highlight the vital role freight forwarders play in the growth and development of our industry.
The award is a national award of which there are only 4 shortlisted finalists, we believe an incredible achievement in itself.
Lee joined 512 in 2010 initially to assist us with admin during some sickness leave for a twelve week period and well here we are 6 years later!
For those of you that do not know his journey, here is a quick roundup…
- Assisted in the writing and development of both of our graduate and management programs, still in operation today
- Operations supervisor for Sheffield
- Head of Operations for Sheffield
- Opened our Doncaster branch and made it profitable within 4 months
- Achieved Group Head of Operations for current 512 branches with more planned
- Trained 11 graduates all of whom are still working in the industry and doing fantastically well with their own careers
The above is not exhaustive by any means and we are immensely proud of Lee and his progression within the business. We could not ask for a more committed and conscientious group head of operations who is entirely focused on client relationships and developments but also in developing his team so that others can realise their ambitions too!
The ceremony will take place in London on the 19th January, we will of course bring the news as soon as it develops.